Scholarships for international students are available through the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024. MCFS targets academically brilliant but economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, attitudes, skills, and values.
Internships and community service are integral components of the program. A full scholarship is available to selected students who have been provisionally accepted to study at UP for a postgraduate degree. On completion of their studies, graduates should return to their home countries and give back to their communities. A Masters Degree/Qualification is not required of applicants.
Details About Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Pretoria
- Study in: South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Two years
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for Africans. The following topics will be covered:
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- Full tuition fees
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- Textbooks and printed material
- VISA costs
- Leadership development opportunities
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Academic advising and counseling support
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for a Mastercard Foundation Scholarship:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- You must have been admitted to UP for a degree program. To complete the MCFSP application, you will need your student number, along with your academic records.
- It is open to young Africans who are interested in pursuing postgraduate studies.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship?
For Mastercard Foundation Scholarship applications, please follow these instructions:
(1) You may apply online here.
- Access to the Internet and an email address that you can access regularly are required to access the online application system. Your student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as soon as you submit your online application.
- You may also submit your application form in hard copy to the following address: University of Pretoria Student Service Centre, Hatfield Pretoria 0028, South Africa
(2) Your application will be evaluated by faculty members, and you will be notified of the results. Postgraduate applicants must have their certificates verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Visit www.saqa.org.za for more information
(3) Download application forms for the MCFSP from here.
Application inquiries can be directed to:
Tel: 012 420 4297
Visit the official website of the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship for more information: