The Skoll scholarships are awarded by Oxford University’s Said Business School. Globally, the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship is a very well-known center that supports social entrepreneurship. A Skoll Scholarship is awarded to students who are determined to solve urgent environmental problems through entrepreneurship.
The Skoll Centre provides students with a fully-funded scholarship and also allows them to interact with its scholars who are advancing society through their innovative solutions. In addition, they have the opportunity to meet with world-famous investors and entrepreneurs.
About Oxford University Skoll Scholarships 2023
- Country: UK
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: January 4, 2023
An MBA from the Said Business School is covered by the scholarship program. Scholarship recipients are also covered for a portion of their living expenses. The Skoll MBA Scholarship covers living expenses up to USD $19,480.50.
Skoll Scholarship 2023-2024 applications are due January 4, 2023. In order to submit your application online successfully before the final deadline, please prepare ahead of time and complete all the required documents.
Skoll Scholars are selected based on the following eligibility standards:
- Applicants should either be social entrepreneurs or have an impact career in society to be eligible for the award.
- Impact career professionals are those who have applied entrepreneurial techniques or approaches to solve an existing social or environmental issue.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students must apply for an MBA at the Said Business School of Oxford.
- The scholarship committee must be convinced that the applicant is committed to changing society and will continue to do so after finishing their studies.
- Applicants must have worked on their social project for at least three years. In other words:
- Applicants must have started a social venture to solve a social problem.
- He/she must have contributed significantly to the community, society, or organization in which he/she worked.
- It is important for applicants to explain why taking up a business education is important for their entrepreneurial goals and why they deserve to be funded for an MBA.
How To Apply for Skoll Scholarships 2023
For consideration for the fully-funded Skoll MBA Scholarship at Oxford, please review the following application procedure carefully:
- To qualify for the Skoll scholarship, applicants must first apply for an MBA at Oxford University.
- You can apply for the Skoll Scholarship at the end of this article.
- At the time of applying for an MBA, they will be required to submit a scholarship essay.
- The following step is to fill out a referral form, which is similar to an open-ended questionnaire about how the candidate heard about the scholarship, what motivated him/her to apply, etc.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a virtual interview, followed by a one-on-one interview at the university.
- To apply to the Oxford MBA program, applicants must submit GMAT or GRE scores as well as IELTS or TOEFL scores.
Students from the UK and abroad are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Students from underdeveloped countries or marginalized countries who have worked hard to start a social venture are especially encouraged to apply.