Pakistan repudiates Indian charge sheet on Pulwama attack
Pakistan has rejected the charge sheet of India’s National Investigation Agency in the Pulwama attack, saying that the fabricated report was prepared to keep in view the anti-Pakistan rhetoric of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and narrow-minded local political interests.
Tensions between Pakistan and India have been high since the attack on Indian troops in occupied Kashmir in February last year, in which 40 Indian soldiers were killed.
India had blamed Pakistan for the attack from day one without any investigation, which Pakistan flatly rejected and offered to co-operate in the investigation.
In a statement issued from the Foreign Office, Zahid Chaudhry said that Pakistan categorically rejects the so-called charge sheet of the Indian National Investigation Agency, which aims to impose the Pulwama attack on Pakistan in occupied Kashmir.
The statement said that Pakistan had initially denied the allegations and agreed to co-operate on the basis of providing actionable information.
The spokesman said that India had failed to provide any credible evidence of its defamation and instead used the attack as a malicious propaganda campaign against Pakistan.
A day earlier, the Indian Investigation Agency had submitted a 13,500-page report on the Pulwama attack to the special court, which included the names of 19 people and alleged that the attack was allegedly carried out at the behest of Pakistan. Done.
Officials said the report contained irrefutable technical, material and circumstantial evidence regarding Pakistan’s role in the attack, the report said.
In a statement, the Foreign Office spokesman added that the Pulwama attack was carried out two months before the Lok Sabha elections and that its timing was crucial in that regard, given the fact that the explosives used were in occupied Kashmir. The Indian Army has already killed the alleged perpetrators of the attack, which raises a number of questions.
“The world knows who benefited from the Pulwama attack,” he said.
The statement said that Indian warplanes were involved in a violent operation against Pakistan on February 26, 2019. The Pakistan Air Force responded effectively to the Indian operation, which resulted in the downing of two Indian warplanes and the capture of an Indian pilot. But despite Indian provocations, Pakistan released the Indian pilot for peace.
The spokesman said that in the light of the document provided by the Indian government after the Pulwama attack, Pakistan had formed a high-level investigation team to review the contents of the document.
He said the information provided by India was incomplete, complex and uncertain, so Pakistan handed over two memoranda to India asking them to provide more information and supporting evidence.
A statement from the Foreign Office said, “India has failed to provide any convincing evidence for these allegations and India cannot mislead the international community with its propaganda.”
It further said that the Indian allegations against Pakistan were aimed at diverting the attention of the international community from Indian state terrorism and human rights violations in occupied Kashmir and the mistakes of the RSS and BJP government at the local level.
The statement said that Pakistan has already informed the international community about the fake and fabricated operation and possible action by India.
A statement issued by the Foreign Office expressed concern that state elections were coming up in India and that there was a strong possibility that the BJP and the RSS would use Pakistan as a tactic for electoral gain and the international community. Warns of dangerous consequences for peace and security in the region.