Searching forum libraries and downloading Files
Let’s say you know which forum has the file you want. After you enter the forum, how do you find that file? It’s really quite easy.
When you enter a forum, click the Forum Libraries button, select the Search tab, and enter specific criteria that matches the file you want to find (see Fig. 9.3). By default, you can search by file name or keyword. Click the More icon to expand the searchable criteria.
When you click the Search icon, CompuServe searches the forum’s libraries for any and all files that match your search criteria. Matching files appear in the File Search Result list.
Many of the files you find will have .ZIP extensions. This indicates that the file is compressed or “zipped.” You’ll learn more about compression and decompression later in this chapter.
- I have trouble connecting to CompuServe. What’s wrong?
- Making the connection CompuServe
- Changing your user options
- Configuring CompuServe for your personal Information
- How do I change my modem speed?
- How CompuServe is organized
- Getting there with GO commands CompuServe
- Cruising the Internet from CompuServe
- E-mailing outside of CompuServe
- Where to find files on CompuServe
- Sending mail to other networks