Published on February 25, 2021
Marketplace plans cover a set of
— like shots and screening tests — at no cost to you.
What are preventive health services?
- Preventive services are routine health care procedures, like screenings, check-ups, and counseling to prevent illness, disease, and other health problems.
- Taking advantage of these free services can help detect illness early, when treatment is likely to work best, so talk to your provider about what’s right for you.
- Get specific lists of preventive services for adults, women, and children.
Where can I go for preventive care?
- Preventive services are free only when you get them from a doctor or other provider in your plan’s network. (A network is the facilities, providers, and suppliers your health insurance company has contracted with to provide health care services.)
- Contact your insurance company to see which providers are “in-network.”