Published on June 3, 2021
Congratulations, recent graduates! Here are 3 health insurance options to help protect you from unexpected medical costs if you get hurt or sick.
3 health insurance options for young adults
- Enroll in Marketplace health coverage through August 15, 2021 due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) emergency. More people than ever before qualify for help paying for health coverage, even those who weren’t eligible in the past.
- Note: If your student health plan is ending, you’re moving to a new state, or you experience other life changes, you may qualify for a to enroll in a Marketplace health plan any time for the rest of 2021.
- Create an account to get started.
If you’re under 26, you may be able to enroll in a parent’s health insurance plan if their plan covers dependents.
If you’re just starting out, you may qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid. If you qualify, you can enroll immediately. When your income increases, you can adjust or change your coverage to make sure you’re getting the right amount of savings.
- When you apply for Marketplace coverage, we’ll tell you if you qualify for an insurance plan with savings based on your income, or for Medicaid.
- If you have children, you’ll find out if they qualify for coverage through the .